Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A View of the Green


First Congregational Church on the Green






Yesterday our temperature was in a comfortable 40 degree range. I had some errands to run downtown and that gave me an opportunity to take a couple of pictures of our quaint downtown. I didn't photograph the usual pictures of our bandstand or of the military tank that are on the South Green. Instead I opted for the First Congregatioal Church and the christmas decorated lamplights on the North Green. As you can see we still have some snow on the ground.

Currently it is snowing than it will be followed with freezing rain. I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow, so I can just sit back and enjoy the scenery.

4 comments:

Feisty Crone said...

I like these pictures!

Thanks for posting them.

It's almost 50 degrees here, high winds, and floor warnings.

Stay warm and well!

Dakota Bear said...

Glad to hear it is warming up there. Keep dry.

Tomorrow will probably be a PJ day for me. I want to finish reading "The Memory Keepers Daughter".

Anonymous said...

I joined meetup.com so I can find an interesting book club to join.

You girls aren't the only ones that can read ya know.

Dakota Bear said...

Did you find a bookclub? Sometimes they are organized by bookstores such as Borders and you meet at the book store.

My group meets next Thursday. We meet once a month at one of our homes. One person chooses the book for the month and another person is the hostess. We have about ten members and once in awhile someone will take a break than come back. We have been meeting for about eleven years.

Now, I need to locate the book Up Island by Anne Siddon. It has about 500 pages, so I hope it is a page turner, because I probably won't get it before Saturday.